- making a difference while gaining rewarding experience
If you are looking for really rewarding volunteering, we'd love to hear from you.
We need people who:
- Can spare two hours a week
- Are reliable
- Are caring and non-judgemental
- Are good listeners
- Are able to maintain confidentiality
- Have some empathy with of the ups and downs of family life
- Are over 18
Edinburgh & Midlothian Volunteers are carefully matched with a family to offer emotional and practical support in the family's own home. They then visit the family every week for two hours for 6months to a year.
Every family is different but most are feeling lonely and isolated. They need someone to really listen to them, help them get out for some fun and get more connected to their local community. The reliable, undemanding support of a volunteer can make a real difference to the whole family. All our volunteers get full expenses, a thorough training course and regular supportive meetings with a Co-ordinator. We have Volunteer Training courses four times a year. More info